Joel Hebensperger I accept your challenge and will connect Barry White to KISS in six steps or less.
1. Gerald Levert co-produced Barry White’s 1994 album The Icon is Love.
2. Gerald Levert’s father Eddie Levert was in The O’Jays.
3. The O’Jays had a top ten hit in 1973 with a song called “For the Love of Money.”
4. “For the Love of Money” was covered by the Bulletboys on their 1988 self-titled debut album.
5. Mick Sweda, the guitar player in Bulletboys, was previously in a band called King Kobra.
6. On King Kobra’s third album King Kobra III (which was recorded after Mick Sweda’s departure from the band) King Kobra covered “It’s My Life,” an unreleased KISS song from the Creatures of the Night sessions.